Code of Conduct
In carrying out any assignment, the associates shall:
1. Act professionally
- aspire to the utmost professionalism;
- aim for objectivity, completeness and openness in reporting on the successes and failures of a project’s activities;
- cooperate with other professionals when the implementation of an assignment so requires;
- acknowledge all contributions of other organizations and persons to the success of the activities reported and/or undertaken;
- inform the client promptly and correctly as to any barriers, inconsistencies or limitations to successfully completing an assignment;
- be frank and open regarding their own qualities and limitations;
- take their personal, their client’s and their client’s customers safety into careful consideration.
2. Act with integrity
- implement their work with utmost integrity, transparency, respect and care;
- ensure that all confidential information obtained within the scope of an assignment is handled correctly, with confidentiality and in line with contractual agreements;
- refrain from behaviour that might harm the prestige of association members and other associated professionals;
- be accountable to the client as well as the client’s customers;
- actively avoid any conflict of interest, related to simultaneous assignments/clients or to their own interest;
- report evidence or allegations of corruption or fraud in current procedures within a client’s organisation.
3. Respect the client’s customers
- be aware of the associates’ role as an intermediary in a developmental process;
- aspire to promote/benefit the interests of the assignment client’s customers while paying due attention to gender equality;
- respect local culture and customs; support the dignity of all; refrain from any discrimination in terms of age, sex, HIV-status, ethnicity and other diversity, and from misuse of power; and at all times respect all fundamental human rights.
4. Stimulate sustainability
- promote social, financial and environmental sustainability;
- contribute to (local) capacity development of both client’s partners, stakeholders and customers within the scope of the assignment to guarantee the sustainability of the intervention.